Due to COVID-19, our internship program has been suspended through 2020. We plan to resume for Spring 2021. Thank you for understanding and we look forward to resuming this program very soon!
When we resume our program, we will be looking for current college students. These can’t be just any intern candidates: we are looking for people who are fun, have a great attitude and are ready to learn. Perks include breakfast tacos on Thursdays, office DJ sessions, and free books in addition to high-level campaign and project experience. As a student, you may use this position for course credit – as long as we’re able to meet program requirements.
Zilker Media is looking to expand our freelance bench of PR professionals.
We are looking to connect with freelance publicists of all levels of expertise for supporting existing and future campaigns. Duties may include:
- Pitching media, including traditional print and broadcast, online media, podcasts and influencers
- Writing and editing press releases and other collateral
- Assisting Zilker Media PR team in high-level strategy work
Our clients range in industries, including:
- Entrepreneurs and business leaders
- Education thought leaders
- Nonfiction book authors
- Consumer product goods companies
- Leading healthcare professionals
Freelance work is given on a project by project basis.
We are a growing company and this freelance position may have the opportunity to grow into full time employment. Full time employees must reside in Austin, Texas.
In 2020 Zilker Media ranked #15 in the micro-companies section of Austin Business Journal’s 2020 Best Places to Work (https://bit.ly/2XODY82). Last year, Zilker Media was named to Austin Business Journal’s list of Top Austin-Area Advertising & Marketing Agencies (https://bit.ly/2MMFy5Y) and also by Austin Inno to their 2019 Austin’s Coolest Companies List (https://bit.ly/2GR2MEa). We are excited to connect with you!
YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN HOW TO:
- Learn how to maintain team-minded approach to campaign work and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in
- Experience and actively participate in collaborative strategy sessions to produce the most creative, fresh ideas for media
GENERAL INTERNSHIP DUTIES AND A PERCENTAGE FOR EACH TASK
- Pitching media – 60%
- Producing collateral materials such as expert bios, press releases, media alerts, etc. – 30%
- Assisting publicist with mail outs of collateral materials – 10%
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Familiar with AP Style
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Willingness to learn
- Currently working on a degree in communications, public relations, English, or another related field
EVEN BETTER, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Experience working in a public relations field
- Previously written press materials, expert bios, articles, blog posts, media alerts, etc.
- Experience with Cision
Paid hourly at 15-20 hours/week