We are always looking for talent in marketing, public relations, graphic design and content strategy. If you would like to connect with our team, fill out the form below.
SALES & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – CONTRACTOR
The Sales & Business Development contractor will play a pivotal part in focusing on Zilker Media’s client acquisition efforts. This person will work closely with our sales and marketing team to identify targets and successfully drive tactics to acquire new clients. This role will be instrumental in proactively seeking qualified prospects and developing Zilker Media’s top of the funnel pipeline. They will be responsible for managing the acquisition process of PR, quiz marketing and brand strategy clients to our roster, including: sourcing, outreach, discovery phase, vetting, proposal development, contract development and client onboarding.
This contractor is expected to develop strategic relationships with prospects and partners, and must also be able to demonstrate Zilker Media’s core methodology and capabilities. They have familiarity with our client requirements and are committed to growing the business together to achieve the vision of Zilker Media. With the contractor role, there is opportunity to grow into a full-time position.
Who’s a fit for this role?
Our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, leadership mentality and good vibes. They must be confident, responsible, a self-starter and strategic. As the first representation of our agency to new business, they must be clear communicators, good with people, solution-minded, polished and authentically persistent. Although previous marketing or public relations experience is not a requirement, we are looking for someone who is eager to learn our industry and methodology. This person should be viewed as a thought leader and ambassador of our team. They thrive in collaborating with our team and are proactive by nature and have the ability to win clients through developing strategic relationships. We reward creativity and innovation and the opportunity to advance into a full-time role is there.
- Ability to think strategically, and can identify and go after high-potential targets
- Warm and friendly disposition with a knack for spotting “win-win” opportunities
- Ability to communicate clearly with potential clients, existing clients and our team
- Strong organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Good Vibes every day
- Can lead on developing assets needed for proposals, contracts and case studies
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 1+ years’ experience in a sales or marketing role
- Experience sourcing, developing and closing new client relationships (end-to-end engagement)
- A desire to establish a network of relationships with entrepreneurs, healthcare professionals, business owners, executives or marketing firms/consultants
- Experience using a CRM system (Salesforce)
- Knowledge of public relations and marketing and have an interest in being well versed
- Completion of a sales training course
- Ability to work with our team to develop inbound marketing funnels
Work environment and benefits
- Competitive commission-only structure
- Flex schedule
- Good vibes environment
- Opportunity to develop into a full-time role if KPIs are met
Zilker Media is a boutique agency providing end-to-end brand building for the world’s leading brands and thought leaders. Drawing on decades of experience working with the world’s most-respected companies, thought leaders, best-selling authors and authorities, Zilker Media was built to cultivate community – for our team, our clients and our home.
We believe meaningful communities are built through storytelling, service and strategic value and we work alongside our clients to build magnetic brands that make an outsized impact.
In 2020 Zilker Media ranked #15 in the micro-companies section of Austin Business Journal’s 2020 Best Places to Work (https://bit.ly/2XODY82). Last year, Zilker Media was named to Austin Business Journal’s list of Top Austin-Area Advertising & Marketing Agencies (https://bit.ly/2MMFy5Y) and also by Austin Inno to their 2019 Austin’s Coolest Companies List (https://bit.ly/2GR2MEa). We are excited to connect with you!